Our club rules and etiquette ensure consistency of standards for all members, guests and visitors to Heysham Golf Club.
CLUB RULE 27: Members are expected to dress smartly at all times both on the course and in the clubhouse.
Main Dining Area and Adjacent Lounges
- Golf Wear– see below
- Smart trousers or coloured chinos (no denim)
- Tailored Shorts. Tailored shorts are defined as being made of chino style material with a conventional waistband, including belt loops, and conventional hip pockets (no cargo or patch pockets). Tailored shorts should be worn with the hem approx 10 cm above or below the knee.
- Shoes to include leisure, deck, and sandal style footwear. Trainers, flip flops or open sandals worn without socks are not considered suitable attire for gentlemen in the Clubhouse.
- Men must have a collar on their shirt or a golf styled turtle neck jumper. Jacket & tie may be required for some formal functions.
- Ladies must be smartly dressed when using the dining and lounge areas. Vests, denim jeans are not permitted.
- Hats must not be worn in the clubhouse.
- Golf shoes must not be worn in these areas.
The Directors and club officials reserve the right to amend these codes to allow for themed club functions which will be advertised in advance
Spike Bar/ Snooker room, Spike Bar Entrance and Smoking Area and Main Entrance (allowing access to spike bar )
- Relaxed clothing is allowed in these areas to include denim jeans, collarless shirts, shorts and trainers.
- The wearing of studs and other golf shoes is permitted in the spike bar and spike bar entrance only. Spikes are not permitted in the main entrance.
- Hats are not allowed
- No football shirts except on designated dates when the members will be informed.
- Relaxed clothing may be worn on the patio but access must not be gained via the loungesand the spike bar entrance must be used
On the Course
- Gentlemen– Full length tailored trousers and chinos. Tailored shorts, Plus 2’s and plus 4’s.
- Ladies– Trousers, Culottes and 3/4 length tailored trousers.
- Not permitted – Blue denim jeans, combat trousers, Cargo pants, Beach, Bermuda, or sports shorts.
- Gentlemen– Collared with long or short sleeves. Turtle neck shirts (golf wear) with long or short sleeves. Shirts must be tucked into the waistband.
- Ladies– Collared shirts with or without sleeves. Blouses or shirts covering waistband of shorts or trousers.
- NotPermitted – T-shirts, vests, sun tops, crop tops and shirts designed for other sports e.g. football, rugby or hockey.
- Ladies may wear skirts and shorts that are designed for golf.
- Gentlemen– Long, short socks or sports socks. When socks are worn with shorts they must be predominantly plain.
- Ladies– Short socks may be colour co-ordinated with shorts and skirts.
- Only approved Golf shoes with hard or soft spikes must be worn.
Please note that if members do not adhere to the dress code both on and off the course then you may be asked to leave by any club official or member of the management team. Persistent offenders may be asked to discuss the breach at a meeting of the Directors where in accordance with the club rules you may have your membership suspended.
Members and Visitors are reminded that mobile phones must be switched to silent on the course. We allow the use of mobiles in the entrance foyer only. Please be considerate of others.
Heysham Golf Club requests that Visitors observe the Rules of Golf and display the high standard of etiquette and good manners for which the game of golf is renowned. In particular slow play must be avoided, divots repaired, pitchmarks repaired and bunkers raked.
Our members and Greens staff are proud of their course and it is their wish that these high standards are maintained.